POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : License reassessment and other matters : Re: License reassessment and other matters Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:33:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: License reassessment and other matters
From: jr
Date: 7 Jun 2021 03:45:00
Message: <web.60bdcd698535d42e79819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> On 2021-06-05 5:20 AM (-4), jr wrote:
> >
> > I use the GPL v3+ routinely (ie unthinkingly :-)) for everything I "publish".
> >  appreciate that you (too) are not a lawyer, however, questions: should I change
> > from v3+ to another, eg LGPL?  what would be the "real" difference?
>
> Have a look at: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-not-lgpl.html
>
> As you know, I cannot give legal advice.

thanks.  did look, still no clearer which of the GNU licences is the "best fit"
for include files and such.  also unsure how/whether GNU v3+ "conflicts" with
Creative Commons license.

(since neither of us is a lawyer, it'd be simply your opinion.  however, you've
concerned yourself with the matter and thus your opinion is of interest (to me))

regards, jr.