POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Another call to arms : Re: Another call to arms Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:03:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another call to arms
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Jun 2021 18:00:00
Message: <web.60bd44a51f94f4ce1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
I can make a very small scene to demonstrate the issue with the radial pattern,
although I think the extant thread is kinda self-explanatory, and WFP agrees
with the proposed mathematical solution.

All the other things have to deal with source code I haven't looked through or
would likely be able to competently suggest code solutions for.

So here is a list of what I have found / can remember:

creating an array of arrays, and then trying to access an uninitialized element
of that data structure.
https://news.povray.org/5b83c8ab%241%40news.povray.org

A declare without the leading # works
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.5d8f1cd3fe1f4a21e462584c0%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=428173&moff=5

radial pattern
http://news.povray.org/web.5dabcdf0e43f3c684eec112d0%40news.povray.org

suggested fix (coded in SDL function syntax)
#declare Angle = function (XX,ZZ) {atan2 (XX, ZZ)-(pi/2)}
#declare Adjusted = function (XX,ZZ) {select (Angle(XX,ZZ),  Angle(XX,ZZ)+tau,
Angle(XX, ZZ))}
#declare FreqPhase = function (XX, ZZ, F, P) {mod ((P*tau+Adjusted (XX, ZZ))*F,
tau)/tau}
#declare Radial = function (XX, ZZ, F, P) {select (XX*ZZ,  FreqPhase
(XX,ZZ,F,P), 0, FreqPhase (XX,ZZ,F,P))}

project some light through an image
map
http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3Cweb.5d101e19377950ae4eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/