POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Another call to arms : Re: Another call to arms Server Time
16 Apr 2024 05:10:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another call to arms
From: jr
Date: 4 Jun 2021 19:05:00
Message: <web.60bab15b1f94f4ce79819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Hi folks,
>
> there's other stuff that needs to be done, which should be easy to
> delegate, at least partially:
>
> During my absence, I gather other people have stepped up and done some
> error diagnosis and coming up with fixes. At least Bill's name has come
> up a couple of times.
> (3) For errors that have been diagnosed, and for which a solution has
> already been found, it might need to be wise to also add them to the
> issue tracker. More importantly, however, the solution has to be placed
> in a place and into a form that makes it easy to "import" it into the
> POV-Ray codebase.
> I'm aware that might not be everyone's favorite format, but maybe you
> folks can team up, with someone producing diffs and someone else
> bringing them into Git? (I myself am terrible at working with diffs, so
> don't expect me to touch them except with a 10 foot stick.)
> I'm grateful for anyone willing to put time and effort into this, so
> that POV-Ray v3.8 gets the bugfixes it deserves. Every little bit helps.

I can provide three patches if thought useful.  the following clipped from the
build script:

# note p.bugreports: WFP 13.8.2020 "alpha.10064268 undef behaviour".
patch --verbose -p0 < ${CWD}/patch20200813
# note p.general: WFP 19.9.2020 "povray vs uberpov am3".
patch --verbose -p0 < ${CWD}/patch20200919
# note p.beta-test: WFP 21.4.2021 cf ingo, dict copy.
patch --verbose -p0 < ${CWD}/patch20210421

(I think there's at least one more "already fixed" for which I didn't make one)

regards, jr.