POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First image posting : Re: First image posting Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:59:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First image posting
From: s day
Date: 7 May 2021 07:35:00
Message: <web.6095251ef7d27fee8de81c16a8f0b95@news.povray.org>
Some decent modelling, areas I would look at to improve are:

Bricks look too uniform especially on the floor and garden wall.
The join of the garden wall to the house looks odd, particularly on the left
where it is well lit.

Some of the textures need more work, particurarly on the floor, think of
layering some dirt over the top and when doing that try to add dirt in realistic
areas (darker in the corners/nearer the ground etc).
I can't say exactly what it is but the lighting looks odd maybe better radiosity
settings.

The roof looks great and the modelling/texture on the bucket in the well is very
good.

I tend to always add focal blur (not that I have done much with Pov for a
while).

Sean