POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granites Intermezzo : Re: Granites Intermezzo Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:00:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granites Intermezzo
From: Mr
Date: 3 May 2021 11:15:00
Message: <web.60901278cfb077e46adeaecb3f378f2@news.povray.org>
> Finally, using a blending technique developed by Tekno Frannansa, The
> attached granite, based on the latest preceding one, looks also the most
> natural!
>
> --
> Thomas

Hi! I could imagine it for an outdoor landscape. But for other closer framed
use, I presently can't say that I prefer it over the other results so far:

Something still feels "blurry" about it. Sorry to be that vague. I still believe
it could be due to something default in the specular component / or maybe the
camera has aperture? / or there is just no normal bump distortion at all which
could suffice to lead to this perceived lack  of contrast?

At this stage, to properly evaluate the patterns, a close up 1000+ px side
render from less than 1 meter distance and more than 10 cm area visible carrying
your graduated floor now really seems absolutely necessary to see anything.

I feel like I'm spoiling myself a movie by looking at it from a phone streamed
screener file :-D