POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First image posting : Re: First image posting Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First image posting
From: jr
Date: 3 May 2021 05:15:00
Message: <web.608fbe56f7d27fe79819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Op 03/05/2021 om 09:19 schreef jr:
> I conclude from that [thread], that aa is the ray-tracing answer to mipmapping,
> and I guess that my initial suggestion of stochastic aa is the correct one.

taking the 'El Capitan' cliff face as an example, say I want to render two
images: object near base of, and object some distance from.  then I need to
choose a scale for the texture(s)?  I think that I (as in "numpty" etc) would
benefit from having some row/col table, in the documentation and or as array, of
all parameters involved ("lambda", "octave", such) by scale/suggested distance
(in POV-units?).  (and perhaps a macro which expands to the texture at the given
scale/index)  (just thinking aloud :-))

regards, jr.

btw, re "graveyards".  had to put on an anorak, even for a cursory read.  :-)
found out that what I associate with "granite" really is "dolerite".  thanks.