POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granites Intermezzo : Re: Granites Intermezzo Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:30:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granites Intermezzo
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Apr 2021 13:30:00
Message: <web.60899ad1cfb077e41f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> I do not want to have you wait: This is the first render with StepNoise.
> My judgment is: perfection.

.... holy crap!  :O

I would have never guessed it would THAT good!  Thanks for not making me wait.
That is indeed MUCH better than the turbulated cells experiment.  I'm glad that
it's panning out and we have something to work with as a good base pattern.

I'd say the next thing to do would be to have that texture be an entry in a
marble pattern texture_map, with a quartz texture as the vein.

After that, you're going to be the geological expert on whatever else might make
worthwhile additions.