POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : typ error : Re: typ error Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:30:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: typ error
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 14 Jul 2022 06:10:21
Message: <dc0770b1-f4e2-11c5-2668-6849b244c4cb@gmail.com>
On 11/07/2022 08:08, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Op 11-7-2022 om 11:50 schreef Saul Luizaga:
>> #version 3.7;
>>
>> Error Message:
>> POV-Ray\v3.8-beta\Insert Menu\Basic shapes.pov" line 7: Parse Error:
>> Expected 'numeric expression', undeclared identifier 'Typ' found instead
>>
>> This error is on many files.
>> Is there a way to automate the replacement of this word with another
>> that works?
>>

> This is a Friedrich Lohmueller file, part of the original (Windows)
> download package. To use it directly, you need to uncomment line 5:
>        //#declare Typ = 62; // for testing
>
> Initially, when you install POV-Ray, you have (somewhere) the
> possibility to generate thumbnails for the complete Insert Menu. I don't
> remember however, how to start that :-( It was created by Friedrich and
> made part of the POV-Ray download package.

Yes thank you and Bold Eagle, it's a Windows build, I uninstalled a 29
Dec 2021 v3.8.0b2 and it doesn't ha that line, looks like is something
developers want to introduce in the final 3.8, so it comes only on the
latest beta builds; but thanks for the help

--
El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de
virus.