POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Beetle : Re: Beetle Server Time
18 Apr 2024 17:57:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beetle
From: yesbird
Date: 15 Mar 2023 13:25:11
Message: <685c150e-64ed-8a7e-83a6-93b803431762@gmail.com>
On 15/03/2023 19:58, Mike Miller wrote:
> Very nice YB. The metallic materials work well in animation. I also like the
> additional specular highlights in the eyeballs.

Agree with you, although this is a simple turntable animation, it works
well for 3D models, one flat image is not sufficient for presenting a
complex shape.

I like highlights too, but it seems to me that ambient light is
insufficient.

> I just finished a more traditional looking scarab beetle. I'll post it when I'm
> done with the materials. I'm modeling a fly now (I did a fairly crude one in POV
> 30 years ago).

I like this new entomology series and wonder how fast you are working.
Looking forward to new insects.
--
YB