POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 : Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:03:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 May 2023 10:57:52
Message: <64721a70$1@news.povray.org>
Op 26-5-2023 om 19:05 schreef Kenneth:

>> Over the coming weekend I am going to reinstall Moray and see where I
>> get...
>
> Excellent! Thanks, Thomas. Hopefully it will all boil down to a missing plug-in
> on my end(?). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your success in exporting a
> file.

I I have your answer about "exporting" to POV-Ray. Just click on the
"Raytrace" button or F9. If the communication between Moray and POV-Ray
v3.5 works correctly, this generates a POV scene file which then renders
the image in POV-Ray. The scene file can of course be saved as a .pov scene.

Even if everything seems to fail - as in my case (but see: *) - the test
scene I had built in Moray was translated to POV-Ray code and stored in
its "POVscn" folder.

* While writing this I just got the whole thing to work! :-)
Just a matter of correctly defining the folder destinations in Moray:
use Alt+F9 or click the "Render Options" button

--
Thomas