POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 : Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:00:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 May 2023 02:41:19
Message: <646f030f$1@news.povray.org>
Op 24/05/2023 om 16:53 schreef Kenneth:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>
>> at this point, the only thing I would like to do is to export one of the
>> Moray .mdl demo files as POV-ray SDL (.pov or .inc), then render it
>> separately in POV-ray. But I have forgotten how! It has been a *long* time
>> since I last did that exporting trick.
>>

> BTW, I clearly remember being able to export a Moray scene as an SDL file-- but
> I don't recall if running POV-ray v3.5 (at the same time) was a requirement to
> do that. Or if an export plug-in of some kind was necessary instead. No plug-ins
> are included in my current Moray installation.

I /think/ POV 3.5 was not a requirement? Not sure. I did exactly the
same, exporting an SDL file and using that in any current POV version I
was running at the time (later than 3.5). I do not have Moray installed
any more, so checking this is a bit difficult presently.

I am unable to find the "Memory_Fading off" switch...  ;-)

--
Thomas