POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Modelling a Sumerian vase : Modelling a Sumerian vase Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:58:18 EDT (-0400)
  Modelling a Sumerian vase
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 May 2023 11:24:20
Message: <646e2c24@news.povray.org>
Following my discussion with Mike Miller, I thought I could reveal some
current WIP I am slowly working on (time permitting) for the last couple
of months.

I am using Silo to model a 5000 years old (reconstructed) Sumerian vase,
including the uv-mapped designs, which are done in Gimp. The vase model
is processed through Poseray to POV-Ray geometry and material files.

The first modelling stage concerns an essentially "brand-new" vase which
I intend, through successive further stages later on, to "erode" and
"degrade" gradually to something well-worn and -used, to possibly discarded.

Below are two different scenes including the vase at its current state.
One is a "three-point studio lighted" scene (which follows its own
development btw); the other is an exclusively hdr-lighted scene.

Still much to do obviously! :-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '00-general_test_01.jpg' (158 KB) Download 'studio_test_v2_sumerian_06.jpg' (78 KB)

Preview of image '00-general_test_01.jpg'
00-general_test_01.jpg

Preview of image 'studio_test_v2_sumerian_06.jpg'
studio_test_v2_sumerian_06.jpg