POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with the mesh camera : Re: Playing with the mesh camera Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:03:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with the mesh camera
From: Josh English
Date: 16 May 2023 12:14:11
Message: <6463abd3$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/16/2023 12:41 AM, Kenneth wrote:
> Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Il 08/05/2023 07:46, Josh English ha scritto:
>>> I've taken what I've managed to learn about mesh cameras and applied it
>>> to my desert towers scene.
>>>
>>> Josh
>>
>> Nice image! Should it be understood as a shaken landscape or as a
>> stereogram to be seen with three eyes? ;-)
>>

> I was curious to know the same thing, ha!
>
> It does kind of look like a '3-eyed' stereogram-- in that the image separations
> are 'different' for the tower object than for the farther-away background, which
> is a clue.
>
> Josh's image inspired me to dig into the mesh-camera code, to see if I could
> change some things to create the same kind of effect (but with only two
> 'eyes')... and then to try and find some way to apply red/cyan filters to the
> overlapped images, to make an anaglyph. But that 2nd idea is not as simple as I
> thought.
>
> I'm still experimenting...

I've been trying to build up a tutorial on some special effects. I've
managed a somewhat decent motion blur and focal blur, and a "portal"
effect where one part of the image is in a different space than the rest.

For the anaglyph, remember you can also include the mesh AS AN OBJECT in
the scene itself. Jaime's Vignette code does this. The mesh_camera
doesn't sit on the mesh, but starts the rays just offset from the mesh.
So you may be able to include them and tint them ... oh, yeah. I see the
problem. You can't group real world objects with individual rays in the
definition. Maybe build the scene in two sets, and two copies of the
mesh with the tinted overlays for each set (or, at that point, large
semi transparent spheres around each set would do it).

Just a thought.

Josh

Josh