POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need help with texture_map : Re: Need help with texture_map Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:37:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with texture_map
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Mar 2023 08:38:05
Message: <6419a52d$1@news.povray.org>
Op 21-3-2023 om 03:42 schreef Josh English:
> I solved this problem a couple of years ago with my "Portland Burns"
> image. The hard drive with all my code died and I can't seem to recreate
> it.
>
> The idea is to create a texture map that allows for a transition between
> two other textures with a transition zone in-between. A quick sketch:
>
> box {
>    <0, 0, 0>, <1, 1, 0>
>    texture {
>        planar
>        texture_map {
>          [clock-0.01 Final_Texture ]
>          [clock-0.01 Transition_Texture ]
>          [clock Transition_Texture ]
>          [clock Clear_Texture ]
> }}}
>
> But if I scale this texture or add turbulence on the outer texture, the
> inner textures are also scaled or transformed.
>
> I swear I had pulled this off before but I can't suss it this time.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Josh English

Interesting question.

What about warp{} ? I didn't test this but what if you do a first
transformation within a warp statement /before/ the texture_map {} and a
second warp statement /after/ the texture_map{}, reversing somehow your
earlier warp transformation. Somehow, it seems not to make any sense at
all but who knows...

Something else I was thinking was to make those reverse transformations
(within a warp or not by the way) to the inside textures individually,
and then apply the correct transformations to the outside texture? No
idea if that would do what you want...

--
Thomas