POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Journey to an Unknown Region - revisited : Re: Journey to an Unknown Region - revisited Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:39:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Journey to an Unknown Region - revisited
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Feb 2023 11:02:54
Message: <63e3c7ae$1@news.povray.org>
Op 8-2-2023 om 12:50 schreef Kenneth:
> I feel like I am standing right there on that majestic mountain. What a
> beautiful and sublime image! I do remember your earlier versions too, which were
> quite impressive.
>
> I especially like what appears to be a hint of wind-blown snow in the air, in
> front of one of your more distant craggy peaks, with the sunlight giving it a
> hazy look there. It certainly adds to the scale of the scene, its vastness, and
> the overall feeling of cold solitude. And realism!

somehow, the used media here is a tad less visible than in the original.
Maybe switching the scene from POV-Ray version 3.6 to 3.8 may have
something to do with it.

> The textures are superb too.

Aah, those have been a real pita! I have struggled for several months to
finally get something acceptable.

> This image will go into my folder of 'extraordinary POV-ray renders'. Excellent
> work.

Thank you indeed, Kenneth!

--
Thomas