POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oscilloscope : Re: Oscilloscope Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:58:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oscilloscope
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 6 Feb 2023 02:08:15
Message: <63e0a75f$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/6/23 01:33, Kenneth wrote:
> Two threads for the radiosity?

Not sure. Faint ding, ding in my empty skull - along the lines of my
having looked a little at this question in the past, but just getting
nothing clear.

In addition to any camera (or other) movement / change affecting a
frame's radiosity results - area_light jitter, photon jitter, crand (and
perhaps other options) introduce render to render changes too.

While reading your post I wondered if re-using radiosity samples would
result in more frame to frame stability. A while ago now we looked some
at radiosity sampling in animations IIRC.

On the screen changes being an issue. If we change the screen's finish
to { emission 0 ambient 1 }, would we get the bright screen without any
light contribution to radiosity? I don't know...?

Bill P.