POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Mandelbrot and Julia sets : Mandelbrot and Julia sets Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Mandelbrot and Julia sets
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 29 Nov 2022 12:18:38
Message: <63863eee$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Here is a part of Mandelbrot fractal set in 3D with my software:

	<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf7q2KdAS-4>

In Eureka 2.12 the function is julia(x-0.1562+i*(y+1.0323),0)

of distances algorithm. The function julia(z,z') corresponds to
the Mandelbrot set when z varies, and Julia when z' varies.

Here is a part of Julia fractal subset in 3D with my software:

	<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIJSr7CsLR0>

In Eureka 2.12 the function is julia(-0.82+i*0.18,y*exp(i*x))
plotted in [-PI/2,PI/2][0,PI/2] The 3D is obtained with the
approximation of distances algorithm. The function julia(z,z')
corresponds to the Mandelbrot set when z varies, and Julia when
z' varies.

The surfaces were exported from Eureka 2.12 in 3D ".TRI" format and
transformed into a POV-Ray script with `tri2pov.ttp`. The same move
around the surface is performed, with rotations of one degree. This
is an illustration of the export possibilities of Eureka 2.12 =)

I wish you will appreciate...

Best regards,

--

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org/