POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Shallows -Work in progress : The Shallows -Work in progress Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:40:47 EDT (-0400)
  The Shallows -Work in progress
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Sep 2022 10:48:57
Message: <63306a59@news.povray.org>
Hereby two images showing the progress made on The Shallows. The first
image (The Shallows I_test3) shows the improved textures applied to the
body of the trolley within a simplified scene version. In particular, I
used an almost forgotten macro I wrote back in 2014 to simulate peeling
paint. At the time, this macro  inspired William Pokorny to develop his
incredible isosurface version of peeling paint, which I warmly recommend
to your attention:
https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C53f07727%241%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=435041&toff=100

Presently however, I just used an expanded version of my own macro.

The image also shows the use of Christoph Hormann's isowood for the
railway ties. https://www.imagico.de/iso_wood_en.php
It was surprisingly easy to implement within Friedrich Lohmueller's
track macros and, other surprise, it just does not increase render time!
I used one single tie which I rotated through four different positions
the alternation of which simulates different ties. I am not entirely
sure about the colour of the wood. That is, after all, the most
complicated part of isowood.

The second image (The Hallows_trolley) shows more particularly the
aspect of the trolley texture at this moment.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'the shallows i_test3.jpg' (140 KB) Download 'the shallows_trolley.jpg' (196 KB)

Preview of image 'the shallows i_test3.jpg'
the shallows i_test3.jpg

Preview of image 'the shallows_trolley.jpg'
the shallows_trolley.jpg