POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Remaster : Re: Remaster Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:39:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remaster
From: MichaelJF
Date: 13 Sep 2022 14:58:05
Message: <6320d2bd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.09.2022 um 20:17 schrieb s.day:
> Here is the remastered version ;-)
>
> Updated the background with an exterior HDR probe and of course used HDR
> lighting.
>
> Updated the textures and added SSLT for the spider, probably this needed some
> tweaking but it was really just a quick update to see what effect HDR lighting
> would have on the scene and I have never mastered the SSLT settings.

Very much better than the original. The web seems to be a little bit to
irregular IMO and the droplets a little bit to regular. Especially, at
the crossings of the strings the droplets should melt into another. An
POV image (with code) which could be critized in the other way round was
given by Franck Angella, IRTC 1998-06 (faweb). May be a mixture of his
and your approach would be best.

Best regards
Michael