POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First play with Blender physics : Re: First play with Blender physics Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:59:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First play with Blender physics
From: MichaelJF
Date: 19 Aug 2022 15:56:09
Message: <62ffead9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.08.2022 um 08:33 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> Op 13/08/2022 om 16:41 schreef Thomas de Groot:
>> Op 12-8-2022 om 19:16 schreef MichaelJF:
>> Agreed. The fountain water looks good but not entirely satisfactory.
>> Still, well done indeed.
>>

> As I was just checking Rune Johansen's Inverse Kinematics macro for
> another topic, I remembered his Particle System:
>
>   https://runevision.com/3d/include/particles/
>
> I am sure you know that one too... ;-)

Thanks for the hint, but yes, I noticed Rune's work some years ago.
There are more "particle systems" proposed within the pov community but
most of them have the particles interacting with the environment only
and not with each other, too. IIRC Rune's work is one of those. As a
part of my diploma some more years ago I wrote a particle system with
interacting particles (in two dimensions only) but I failed to convert
it to pov since the numerical precision of the SDL is very poor. That
was an intended decision by the pov team to solve a trade-off between
parsing/rendering time and scene precision.

Best regards
Michael