POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Website/forum link colors : Re: Website/forum link colors Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:51:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Website/forum link colors
From: Chris Cason
Date: 16 Aug 2022 11:12:15
Message: <62fbb3cf$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/08/2022 07:11, Bald Eagle wrote:
> After dealing with much computer chaos, I am using a desktop and an external
> monitor (HP V241).
>
> Also using Brave browser.
>
> I have noticed that the difference in color between the new links and the
> previously visited links is so small as to be nearly nonexistent.  I can barely
> tell the difference, and if the sun is coming in the window, or any other
> complicating factor, I have NO idea what is new and what is not.

This is a topic I've looked at a few times over the last year or so, and
each time I come back unsure about whether it should change or not as
current practice seems to be to not strongly differentiate visited from
non-visited. Even http://www.w3.org/ has only slight visual difference
between the two states. Same goes for http://www.mozilla.org/ and
https://en.wikipedia.org/.

Some prominent sites (e.g. Microsoft.com, Apple.com) have *no* visual
difference (at least for me, using FireFox).

I'm open to changing the visited link colour, but I'd prefer first to
see examples of some sites where a full blue unvisited link (which is
what we use) is used alongside a visibly different but not 'clashing'
visited link colour.

-- Chris