POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First play with Blender physics : First play with Blender physics Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:54:53 EDT (-0400)
  First play with Blender physics
From: MichaelJF
Date: 12 Aug 2022 13:16:07
Message: <62f68ad7@news.povray.org>
Since I never managed to get Kopi's bullet physics running I noticed
that all this physics and a lot more are implemented into Blender
nowadays. So I simulated a fountain with the Mantaflow compontent. The
result is suboptimal, but I like it anyway. I played a lot with all the
parameters, but that is the best I could squeeze out of Blender. I think
the Mantaflow component of Blender is not really designed for this kind
of simulation. As I understand it, it is designed for cohesive flows of
water and can be very realistic in such situations. There is another
approach of particle system implemented in Blender where the drops are
independend objects and can influence each other. May be I will play
with this one too sometimes in the future.

Here is my Mantaflow experiment, placed into an inspiration given by an
abbey I visited recently.

Best regards
Michael

P.S.: Credits go to Thomas de Groot and Genady Obukhov (tileroof),
Christoph Hormann (Iso-CSG-Library). Sean Day and Robert McGregor (some
textures I modified), Gilles Tran (grass), and Xfrog, I used to model
the crude models of a weeping willow, a shrub of roses and an even more
crude model of clover.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'spray07.png' (4583 KB)