POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Space Image : Re: Space Image Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:10:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Image
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Aug 2022 10:44:41
Message: <62ee7e59$1@news.povray.org>
Op 6-8-2022 om 15:06 schreef Bald Eagle:

> This IS about graphics, but there's no CGI involved.
>
> I sense that this guy may have learned some of the arcane surface texturing
> methods we discuss on this forum.   "Fake the hell out of it.  It just needs to
> LOOK good."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/scientist-etienne-klein-posts-webb-telescope-image-star-actually-slice-chorizo-apology/

LOL!

Etienne Klein is a know French scientist and radio presenter (I suppose
this is about him and not homonymous person):

https://www.radiofrance.fr/personnes/etienne-klein

I guess he made a tongue-in-cheek photograph which people took
seriously. :-)

--
Thomas