POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sailing ship Balclutha : Re: Sailing ship Balclutha Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
From: MichaelJF
Date: 29 Apr 2022 14:03:51
Message: <626c2887$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.03.2022 um 10:07 schrieb Mr:
> "Ton" <ton### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> After a long hot summer, with the nights getting longer, and the days getting
>> colder, it is time to start a new project. Maybe I'm overreaching myself, but
>> the bar has to be higher every time.
>> I decided to do the Balclutha, a steel-hulled, full-rigged ship, built in
>> Glasgow in 1886.
>> She is now a museum ship in San Fransisco.
>> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balclutha_(1886))
>> The Library Of Congress website has detailed plans and photos of this ship, so I
>> have all the information to model this ship. Here is the start:
>>
>> I've modeled one side of the hull, in Blender, exported the .obj-file, and
>> created a mesh2-file.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Ton.
>
> Hi,
> I don't understand why you don't export directly using the pov addon ?
> I really need the feedback to improve if something is broken?

Hi Mr,

I try to switch from Poser to Makehuman and Blender for modeling humans
in MakeHuman und posing them in Blender. That works fine and I would
like to test your POV-exporter but I cannot find this tool within
Blender (Edit-Menu/Preferences/Add ons). So there seems to be a problem
with the accessibility of your tool in Blender (Version 3.0).

Regards
Michael