POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary! : Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary! Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:57:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
From: MichaelJF
Date: 31 Dec 2021 13:25:41
Message: <61cf4b25$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.12.2021 um 18:49 schrieb Paolo Gibellini:
> Il 30/12/2021 14:47, Cousin Ricky ha scritto:
>  > Just in time to say happy 30th anniversary, POV-Ray!  Not just one, but
>  > 2 reflective spheres!  Not just one, but 2 checkered planes!
>  >
>  > This is a reboot of a scene I started for the 25th anniversary, but was
>  > never quite satisfied with.  In the intervening 5 years, I've forgotten
>  > what it was that I wasn't satisfied with, so I decided to gather the
>  > parts of the old scene and post a new version while it is still 2021.
>  > New in this scene are finish-level Fresnel and a glossy floor that I
>  > added to my render rig earlier this year.
>  >
>  > This scene has 4 unfinished elements I had hoped to complete by the end
>  > of 2021: the hand plane, the lamp, the render rig (which is held up by
>  > the unfinished lamp), and the wood texture.  But other than the lamp,
>  > which is just a place holder, they are sufficient for this scene.
>
> Happy 30th anniversaty, indeed!
>
> Paolo
Very nice images indeed. I wonder what the pink-golden checkered object
above Ricky's wooden box should depict. It looks like some kind of a
futuristic hand plane IMO.

@Paolo: your wall-macro looks still fine. I like your actual
presentation much better than your 25-years congratulations to
www.povray.org from August 2019. It was fine too, but your new approach
looks much better IMO.

Best regards,
Michael