POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stone with Veins : Re: Stone with Veins Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone with Veins
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Dec 2021 02:36:55
Message: <61cabe97$1@news.povray.org>
Op 27/12/2021 om 11:48 schreef Dave Blandston:
> "Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> both approaches look pretty complementary, and I hope they could somewhat merge?

Indeed. Especially the trick of using colour pairs is a smart one. If
Dave agrees I would like somehow to integrate that in Granite 21, when I
can get to it.

>> I really like the white veins with iridescence. To make it really fully
>> functional, it would be great if it could also add some such quartzy  "freckles"
>> smaller and scattered away from the veins(sorry for my unscientific vocabulary)
>> but maybe just some warp / turbulence would end up providing that ?
>

> Good ideas! Yes, adding flecks is possible. That could be accomplished with a
> texture_map or with CSG objects.
>
> I've been working on other stuff and haven't experimented further with
> iridescence but I think it might be possible to do much better than the example
> image.

Dave, I have started to play with your code. Is there a reason why you
chose to use hex colours? I find them rather counter-intuitive.

--
Thomas