POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring : Re: Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domaincoloring Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:53:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domaincoloring
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 26 Dec 2021 20:43:03
Message: <61c91a27@news.povray.org>
On 2021-12-26 13:32, Alain Martel wrote:

> The HSV and HSL colour spaces are almost the same. The «V» component in
> HSV does pretty much the same as the «L» in HSL.

That depends on what you mean by "pretty much the same."  (There was an
argument on Usenet about 20-ish years ago over exactly this term
regarding pointers vs. arrays in C.  I commented that I once blew a job
interview for tacitly considering them "pretty much the same.")  I'm
amused that you're saying this on a thread by the same person who
schooled us on the difference between points and vectors.

The difference between L and V actually changes the meaning of
saturation between HSL and HSV.  Michael Horvath gives a pretty good
visualization here:

https://github.com/LeForgeron/PovContributions/blob/master/colorsolid/sharkd%201.3.0/colorsolid.png