POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to ... : Re: How to ... Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:34:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to ...
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 28 Nov 2021 10:46:21
Message: <61a3a44d$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/11/2021 04:01, BayashiPascal wrote:

> Hi Kurtz,
>
> I've written the script below to show you how to create a mesh2 object from a
> parametric expression of your surface and texture (I don't know how you have
> defined your surface, I hope you'll figure out how to adapt the macro with
> something else than parametric surfaces if needed).

Waouh... big job ! I will study it closely.

My problem is not the geometry but its coloring.

My script generates a mesh (that I can save to use later). I get for
example this surface. it is a "3d" representation of the function
f(z) = (-z^3 + iz^2 + 1) / (z - 1 + i)^2

Without going into details and according with "Domain coloring", the
color of each point of f(z) is defined by its argument which is an angle
... and which corresponds to the hue.

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise