POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ambient and cast shadows on metallic textures : Re: Ambient and cast shadows on metallic textures Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:43:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ambient and cast shadows on metallic textures
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Nov 2021 02:33:36
Message: <619f3c50@news.povray.org>
Thanks for this.

There is a catch. The Clipka Grimoire tells us (1) to use high quality
radiosity with metallic finishes, and (2) that ambient is/ disabled/
when using radiosity, from version 3.7 onwards.

I am no expert on this so I cannot really discuss this; I simply notify
my info.

In the past, I bundled Clipka's comments on this matter in a couple of
pdf's. I post them here for reference.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'clipka_finish 1.pdf' (66 KB) Download 'clipka_finish 2.pdf' (235 KB)