POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Filed() macro for CSV data file handling : Re: Filed() macro for CSV data file handling Server Time
28 Mar 2024 20:51:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Filed() macro for CSV data file handling
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 28 Oct 2021 06:11:36
Message: <617a7758$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/28/21 3:02 AM, jr wrote:

> the reading did not surprise much, every item returned is "handled" three times,
> but the (lack of) write performance I do not understand.
>> I'd be willing to play a little with your 100K spheres case - if you
>> want?
>
> thanks, sure.  have attached a reader and writer scene.  for the writer can use
> 'declare=N=number' to create number records, for both scenes can use
> 'declare=FM=true' to use Filed() instead of "raw" directives.

Thank you. I've grabbed it. I'll need my morning coffee too! :-)

Thinking I'll do some real profiling again. It's gotten to be a year or
more since I've done any - and I'd like to look at rtr that way too.

With rtr I can tell some of the delay with smaller render sizes is the
mutex locking mechanism itself. This aligning with a note I'd guess
Chris made way back when in the code. Beyond that I'm not sure what
profiling might reveal - or not.

Bill P.