POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A little study in photons : Re: A little study in photons Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:57:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little study in photons
From: MichaelJF
Date: 26 Oct 2021 03:58:15
Message: <6177b517$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.10.2021 um 10:16 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> Ah, yes! That is one of those todo things I have kept on the backburner
> for an indefinite time indeed. This is very well done Michael.

Thanks for your praise! If you really will go for this task in the
future: I had to use a very fine spacing to get more or less realistic
reflective caustics at the boats, the refractive caustics at the sea
bottom are cheaper. I ended up with some 8 hours of Photon-collection
and a photon file of about 16 GB with 9 GB peak memory use during the
photon collection. In the final rendering the peak memory use was 23 GB RAM.

Best regards
Michael