POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Possible v4.0 real time rendering extensions (povr). : Possible v4.0 real time rendering extensions (povr). Server Time
24 Apr 2024 17:59:42 EDT (-0400)
  Possible v4.0 real time rendering extensions (povr).
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 23 Oct 2021 18:57:50
Message: <6174936e$1@news.povray.org>
Ref:

http://news.povray.org/povray.pov4.discussion.general/thread/%3C61563f4b%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

Web Message: <61563f4b$1@news.povray.org>

Firstly, FWIW, I now think the real time rendering (RTR) memory bubble
is primarily due the POV-Ray Messaging System (POVMS) backing up.
Though, other things certainly affect the total memory consumed.

---
I've added a couple real time rendering extensions to my povr playpen
branch.

Co-opted the Cyclic_Animation=true|false (+-kc) capability for real time
rendering(1). The control already existed for non-RTR animations. The
real time rendering now stops at the end of the camera list unless +kc
is used. Perhaps too help for how large the memory bubble gets.

A Real_Time_Capture=true|false (+-rtc) capability. Which currently
writes pfm, 32 bit float rgb files for each frame to the current
directory. These can, for example, be converted to full float exr files
with the openimageio-tools' iconvert utility.

The +rtc mode also bypasses the usual internal messaging framework used
for the preview display. To render one scene to a pfm file one would
turn off the Clockless_Animation(1), -kla, as in: '... +rtr +rtc -kla
-kc ...'

(1) The Clockless_Animation animation feature, as currently implemented,
is in fact a: "Cylic rendering of a list of cameras during RTR." So,
today we have a ByCameras_Animation for RTR - though other clockless
animation approaches are possible.

For an example animation see:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3C6174929b%241%40news.povray.org%3E/
     or