POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Filed() macro for CSV data file handling : Re: Filed() macro for CSV data file handling Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Filed() macro for CSV data file handling
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 14 Oct 2021 13:38:39
Message: <61686b1f@news.povray.org>
On 10/13/21 10:43 AM, jr wrote:
> hi,
>
> attached include file provides a macro for reading and writing the POV-Ray
> variant of CSV data files.  the use is documented in a HTML page, and a few
> demo/example scenes.

Great work! Another useful macro - and some cool demos too. Robot
battles... ;-)

Ran through all the demos and didn't pick up any issues with my current
package of IO fixes / changes. I do have some comments on the Filed()
package itself.

---

"...missing out a field or an empty field..."

perhaps?

"...a missing field or an empty field..."

---

The flowers.pov file already has the tabulated.inc guard set to 1
contrary to the scene's comments.

---

The flowers_read.pov animation doesn't look to me to be picking up all
the yellow flowers? Maybe one or two per asteroid? I didn't investigate
though, perhaps it's working as expected?

---

With the flowers.ini AA, at least on linux with v3.8 and povr, the
method 3 AA doesn't look very good. Perhaps something like:

sampling_method = 2
antialias_threshold = 0.005
antialias_depth = 3
jitter = on

---

The toa example needs too the jr's ruled.inc - Ruled() and this is not
mentioned in the documentation and there is no pointer as to where to
grab it.

---

The toa example needs the arial.ttf font which is not - by default -
available for most non windows users.

---

With the toa example, where the "toa_state.txt" or "toa_run.log" already
exist we get an error message via toal__chkFilesExist(), but the error
message only says "existing file(s)" were found.

---

Bill P.