POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta 1 - Parse error using "%s" in Win10 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta 1 - Parse error using "%s" in Win10 Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta 1 - Parse error using "%s" in Win10
From: clipka
Date: 29 Jul 2021 17:43:55
Message: <6103211b$1@news.povray.org>
Can someone test whether the fix in this pull request actually solves
the time zone issue?

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/pull/433

It should cause `datetime(now)` to print UTC (as opposed to local) time,
while still incrementing significantly faster than once per second.

What I'm doing there is query another timer to get a second opinion.
While that timer is of lower precision (seconds instead of
microseconds), it should reliably give proper UTC. So by using that as a
reference, we can adjust the high-precision timer accordingly by a
multiple of 15 minutes, to give us high-precision UTC.