POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : [Q] POV-Ray in command line : Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:58:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 8 Jul 2021 15:55:01
Message: <60e75815$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

> BayashiPascal writes:
>> Francois LE COAT wrote:
>>> If you read the comment from the NASA about the 8th flight of Ingenui
ty:

>>> <https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/status/308>
>>>
>>> you understand that there was no color camera acquisition for the 7th

>>> and the 8th flight on Mars. This was due to the incident on the 6th
>>> flight, and a conflict between acquisition of the two embedded camera
s.
>>> Let's hope for subsequent flights of the helicopter, that NASA has fi
xed
>>> the horodating problem. Let's hope we will have a color video from Ma
rs.

>> Well done ! :-)
>> I hope too there will be colors for the next videos.
>
> Oh, yes! We could only see static colors images for the moment. If it
> moved, we could better have a representation of Ingenuity's motion.
>
>> Your system seems to work quite well. Do you have the data for the act
ual
>> trajectory and can you quantify the accuracy of your reconstructed
>> trajectory ?
>
> I have no "ground truth" about how the camera moves. NASA has data from

> various sensors, because there is an IMU that is embedded. The comment
> is explaining for the sixth flight, that those sensors are drifting...
> "
> If the navigation system relied on the IMU alone, it would not be very
> accurate in the long run: Errors would quickly accumulate, and the
> helicopter would eventually lose its way. To maintain better accuracy
> over time, the IMU-based estimates are nominally corrected on a regular

> basis, and this is where Ingenuity’s navigation camera comes in
. For the
> majority of time airborne, the downward-looking navcams are taking 30
> pictures a second of the Martian surface and immediately feeding them
> into the helicopter’s navigation system.
> " <https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/status/305>
>
> Here's my result on 8th flight
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUh37xpLT4>
>
>> Are you working directly with the Ingenuity team, or just using their

>> public
>> data ?
>
> I'm using public data. And those are extracted from real Mars data
> acquired with the helicopter. NASA is not transmitting videos with
> 30 images/second. I have to deal with it. This is fantastic to work
> on martian images, nevertheless :-)
>
>> Bonne continuation :-)
>
> Thanks for your interest.
>
>> Pascal

Here is the first color image sequence from 9th flight on planet Mars:

	<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ug5BgZeNK4>

The algorithm driving Ingenuity is pushed to the limits...

	<https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/status/314>

I really look forward to look at a real film from this color camera!

Best regards,

--
François LE COAT
<http://eureka.atari.org/>