POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : gamma issues 3.8 : Re: gamma issues 3.8 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:00:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gamma issues 3.8
From: clipka
Date: 17 Jun 2021 12:39:17
Message: <60cb7ab5$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.06.2021 um 12:41 schrieb Bald Eagle:

> File 'ttf1.pov' line 26: Possible Parse Error: Text may not be displayed as
>   expected. Please refer to the user manual regarding changes in POV-Ray v3.8 and
>   later.
> File 'ttf1.pov' line 39: Possible Parse Error: Text may not be displayed as
>   expected. Please refer to the user manual regarding changes in POV-Ray v3.8 and
>   later.
>

> I don't see in the User Manual (wiki) where this is addressed.
> https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Text
>
> What should I do to get rid of these?

Those warnings are... um... special. They should be going away as soon
as we have the first v3.8.0-beta.

(Technical background: Those warnings are related to my work to clean up
character encoding stuff in the parser and beyond. It has been decided
to back out those changes in order to not break backward compatibility,
while also not spending ages to try to somehow mimick the old behavior
in legacy scenes.)