POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Did I get branches right ? : Did I get branches right ? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 05:40:46 EDT (-0400)
  Did I get branches right ?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 12 Jun 2021 08:08:55
Message: <60c4a3d7$1@news.povray.org>
Seems the hydra is alive again (great!),

Did I understood correctly:

1. latest, official, stable version is head of "latest-stable", and it
is 3.7.0.9 so far

2. current development of 3.8.0 is head of "release/v3.8.0"

3. "master" is to be ignored (so far ? for ever ?), but derivative works
should not hurry to switch to something else (i.e. I won't move a line
of code for the time being)

4. testing & bug investigations in github issues should be between 1 & 2
(1 for base, 2 for detection of regression, 2+ for a fix)