POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Forum Login trouble : Re: Forum Login trouble Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:57:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forum Login trouble
From: Chris Cason
Date: 11 Jun 2021 21:58:39
Message: <60c414cf@news.povray.org>
On 12/06/2021 10:46, Bald Eagle wrote:
> The weird thing that happened though is that now all of the posts I've already
> visited have a dark blue HTML link color rather than the lighter "already
> visited" color.
>
> I'm not sure what happened there --- is there some URL difference between
> logged-in and not?

When I was in the process of testing the change to the last link in the
navigation menu I noticed that the CSS that defines the appearance of
navigation links was inconsistent between www.povray.org and
news.povray.org. Apart from being inconsistent it was also confusing (at
least to me) as they were opposite: on www visited links were darker
than un-visted and on news the opposite applied.

Typically visited links should be de-emphasized; the default behavior of
both Firefox and Chrome is to have such links a darker shade than
un-visted ones. This is the behavior on www.povray.org and I have now
applied that to the navigation menu of news.povray.org.

Given it's affecting some other links I'll need to look into why (I was
going to tweak those later, so it will change eventually anyhow, but
probably not exactly as it appears right now).

-- Chris