POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Forum Login trouble : Re: Forum Login trouble Server Time
23 Apr 2024 11:55:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forum Login trouble
From: Chris Cason
Date: 11 Jun 2021 03:36:11
Message: <60c3126b$1@news.povray.org>
Folks,

I've made quite a number of changes to the website login session
functionality and also added logic that changes the top navigation links
to show if you're logged in or not ('Login' will be replaced with 'My
Account' if you are). In addition, visiting /community/login/ will now
redirect you to /community/login/edit/ if you're already logged in.
Finally, the latter page now has a 'Logout' link.

I have also extended the session timeout to 7 days (was 24 hours) for
most cases. Note that sessions are linked to your IP address; if the
latter changes, your session will be invalidated.

These changes should make it clearer as to whether you have an active
login session or not, as well as hopefully clearing up some of the cases
where sessions get invalidated when they shouldn't.

Please let me know of any incorrect behavior with sessions.

-- Chris