POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granite_21 macro - beta #1.6 preview : Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.6 preview Server Time
24 Apr 2024 02:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.6 preview
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Jun 2021 08:14:09
Message: <60bf5f11@news.povray.org>
Op 8-6-2021 om 11:16 schreef Mr:
>> A little update about progress.
>>
>> Maybe it doesn't show much in terms of /visual/ changes, but the current
>> beta #1.6 (not yet released) has a number of fundamental improvements
>> and corrections under the hood. Slowly approaching a mature version.
>>
>> Here, two different granites are shown: Dakota Red (right) and

>> --
>> Thomas
>
> This Dakota Red specularity now looks very exciting !

Yes, and the even "better" news is that for each granite, the nine (9!)
different variations (the mixed use of "cells", "step noise", "crackle")
are better integrated now (still some tweak-work to do though) not to
mention the "blended" version and whether the output is "polished" or
not. I confess it is a hell of a brain-twisting job for me to get that
graphically and comprehensively described in the - at this stage - so
very necessary docs. Even for me, who built this coding maze, I struggle
to get it right! However, I slowly get there...

--
Thomas