POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ivy Generator : Re: Ivy Generator Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:01:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ivy Generator
From: MichaelJF
Date: 4 May 2021 13:30:26
Message: <609184b2$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.07.2009 um 16:34 schrieb hobBIT:
> last week I started to write a little ivy generator which can interact with
> every povray object. I was a bit inspired by the generator by Thomas Luft
> (http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/) which only work with
> mesh objects. Please leave comments on how to increase realism,
>
> many thanks,
> hobBIT

Very nice work! I played around with the generator by Thomas Luft times
and again. His GUI takes some time to get used to. So it would be
interesting to learn how you implemented it in POV. I cannot judge if
you have put ivy around the stems of your trees. May be or not. In the
case of yes, you should change for a winter scene and strip off the
foliage of the trees.

As far as I can jugde Thomas approach, he covers surfaces only. But if I
look at the garage next door, I see ivy building a thick layer with a
height of more than a meter at least. But I think this will be hard to
achieve, cause the ivy grows on itself.

Best regards
Michael