POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First image posting : Re: First image posting Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:42:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First image posting
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 May 2021 04:20:00
Message: <608fb230$1@news.povray.org>
Op 03/05/2021 om 09:19 schreef jr:
> hi,

>>   Could it be applied successfully to traditional POV-Ray textures?
>
> no idea but reading yr exchange led me to this Wiki page:
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap>

Thanks, yes, I also found that page indeed :-)

Well, should have done that first of all, but the following (hot)
discussion about mimapping with POV-Ray from 2005 can be found here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/thread/%3C4282a2e9%40news.povray.org%3E/

I conclude from that, that aa is the ray-tracing answer to mipmapping,
and I guess that my initial suggestion of stochastic aa is the correct one.

--
Thomas