POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granites Intermezzo : Re: Granites Intermezzo Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:13:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granites Intermezzo
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Apr 2021 02:18:19
Message: <608a4fab$1@news.povray.org>
Op 28/04/2021 om 19:26 schreef Bald Eagle:

>> I do not want to have you wait: This is the first render with StepNoise.
>> My judgment is: perfection.
>
> .... holy crap!  :O

Indeed. Was what I thought too.

> I would have never guessed it would THAT good!  Thanks for not making me wait.
> That is indeed MUCH better than the turbulated cells experiment.  I'm glad that
> it's panning out and we have something to work with as a good base pattern.

I still have to test the grain size control and such but we can indeed
ditch the turbulated cells. I was happy and not happy at the same time
with those; especially the larger grains were problematic.

> I'd say the next thing to do would be to have that texture be an entry in a
> marble pattern texture_map, with a quartz texture as the vein.

Sure, and don't forget the quartz veins in the granite :-)

> After that, you're going to be the geological expert on whatever else might make
> worthwhile additions.

Good. Work enough on the horizon.

--
Thomas