POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. b0bcf6c0 : Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. b0bcf6c0 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:01:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. b0bcf6c0
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 28 Apr 2021 15:01:30
Message: <6089b10a$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/28/21 12:27 PM, jr wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> had a v quick look, pleased the INSTALL isn't just the usual generic.  will try
>> a no-SDL install in the coming days.  thank you.
>
> tried building but got an error.

> using:
>
>    ./configure \
>    --enable-silent-rules \
>    --without-libsdl \
>    --without-libsdl2 \
>    --disable-no-lc-identifiers \
>    --with-x \
>    --build=${ARCH}-slackware-linux \
>    COMPILED_BY="$POVRAY_BUILDER"

Thanks for trying. The --enable-silent-rules is probably not needed
unless you've somehow overridden the tarball shipped default (...one can
do it by various methods (the reason the enable and disable are always
both available as configure options), but it is not common).

---
Of course my compiles with your configure (and some C++ compiler
settings you must be picking up somewhere by env var or something) and
all work. I can't reproduce so my best guess...

With the jitter.h issue could you try changing the two calls to rand()
to std::rand() (a) and then at the top of jitter.h just after the
comment about c++ variants of c includes add an include of cstdlib so it
looks like:

// C++ variants of C standard header files
#include <cstdlib>

Then try the make (the compiles) again?

(a) - What those always should have been I think and the first thing I
see which might be wrong. I see on searching a few more bare rand()
calls sitting in the code too which might also cause you trouble
compiling if this the issue (some in pattern.cpp). Hmm, wonder why those
not an issue before for you if so...

Bill P.