POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granites Intermezzo : Re: Granites Intermezzo Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:10:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granites Intermezzo
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Apr 2021 07:32:34
Message: <6087f652$1@news.povray.org>
Op 27-4-2021 om 12:49 schreef Bald Eagle:
> "Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
>> To my profane eye this scale variation looks very natural! (though it remains to
>> be seen if it still holds from close up and when the pattern will be the real
>> one)
>
> Yes, this reminds me to
> a) comment on that:  It looks very VERY good.   The improvements really make a
> huge difference.  I think that it's really a LOT better than the original.
> Excellent work, Thomas.

Thank you, sir.

I am /beginning/ to feel some satisfaction myself ;-) It is better to
test on the frosted version than on the polished one. No surprise there.

Not yet there however...

> and B)
> Blender has a granite shader pack that maybe we can get some hints from  ;)
> https://blendermarket.com/products/procedural-granite-shader-pack/

Thou shalt not bow to foreign idols! :-)

I shall have a peep... From the images shown, especially the Dakota
Mahogany, it appears to me (gut feeling) that a 'granite' pattern was
used; the minerals' shape appear somewhat like my initial texture.

--
Thomas