POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Fush-14 animated : Re: Fush-14 animated Server Time
29 Mar 2024 05:41:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fush-14 animated
From: yesbird
Date: 13 Mar 2023 01:25:28
Message: <3b54e9de-51ea-133f-1e6d-98b2adef4ad8@gmail.com>
On 13/03/2023 07:19, Mike Miller wrote:
> Wow, nice. I like the animation. Lighting and rendering look very natural. Good
> job.
> I posted a new beetle model ...permission to use and abuse granted. :)
Very well, I am treat it as guide to action :)

> So...I programmed a few converters to write various POV types from .x3d. I
> include the one that handles blobs and Sphere sweeps. I was happy to see that
> blobs in the Blender viewport matched closely to the POV rendering result.

Excellent, I see, that we are going on parallel courses - lack of a
goodmodelling environment forces us to make proprietary tools. I'm in one
step of completing first release of Cinema4D to POV converter.

Now it supports:
1. Primitives: sphere, cube, cone, cylinder, plane, spline, mesh2.
2. Boolean operations: union, difference, intersection.
3. Constructive operations: extrude(prism).

I'm working on sphere sweep and lathe now.
In attachment are results of C4D's 'Cloner' work.

> Can POV convert quaternion to euler angles ?
May be this set of macros will help ?:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/message/%3CXns940C86DC9B1D4None%40204.213.191.226%3E/
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'c4d_test.png' (553 KB) Download 'eagles.png' (1029 KB)

Preview of image 'c4d_test.png'
c4d_test.png

Preview of image 'eagles.png'
eagles.png