POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Discord Server : Re: Discord Server Server Time
27 Sep 2024 03:31:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Discord Server
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Sep 2024 11:50:00
Message: <web.66e45e133ef3ab14a2cb7a7025979125@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 8/9/2024 08:05, tTh wrote:
> > On 9/7/24 18:57, ingo wrote:

> >> We communicate nearly as slow as we render, so no need for real time
> >> chat.

Usually true - unless there's something under development by 2 or more people.
Then the posting to forum method is annoyingly slow.

> That nobody uses, IRC is ancient rustic and nobody cares for it; if you
> less attention from the Internet, keep ignoring current trends

Project management software has been suggested before, and would facilitate
working on small group or POV-Ray 4.0 development, in the instances where people
needed to iterate with realtime feedback while they had the opportunity, lest it
expire and real life once again took priority.

https://news.povray.org/povray.pov4.discussion.general/message/%3Cweb.66807cdd4bc5dc751f9dae3025979125%40news.povray.or
g%3E/#%3Cweb.66807cdd4bc5dc751f9dae3025979125%40news.povray.org%3E

It would be great if the chat logs could be saved and archived, so that the
development, debugging, and solution(s) would be available to the community
afterwards.  I'd hate to lose that aspect of the forum posts.

- BW