POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flying sheets : Re: Flying sheets Server Time
27 Sep 2024 01:12:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flying sheets
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Sep 2024 13:05:00
Message: <web.66d741828fc05e2bd5cc4ae625979125@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 03/09/2024 16:50, kurtz le pirate wrote:
> > Feel free to comment.
>
> Hi, I like this light and minimalist style, but, guess, upper sheets
> have too much symmetry and looks more as plastic than paper - don't you
> think so ?
> --
> YB

Well, paper is symmetric - unless you're talking about each sheet having the
same bending so that they are almost identical copies of one another.  Even
that's not too bad, I think.

The weird thing that I perceive is that the floating papers are like perfect
copier paper, but the pile seems to have a more natural color and what appears
to be a "deckled edge".

While looking at this, one of the first things I thought, was that if the papers
were iterated over your recent meshmaker patterns to create "clouds" of papers
blowing around - but with much different bending - that could look pretty cool!

Also - paper airplanes   :)

- BW