POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crypt updated : Re: Crypt updated Server Time
27 Sep 2024 01:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crypt updated
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 20 Aug 2024 18:10:00
Message: <web.66c513c5c6cedb9b60e0cc3d949c357d@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:

> I still haven't made any attempts to insert radiosity in the scene.  I have
> found it can be very picky to get rid of the blotchiness when you have large
> rough surfaces and a lot of smaller light sources, so I'm not sure how much time
> I want so spend on that.
>
> The scene is configured so I can animate the sun position casting light down the
> stairs.

The sunlight shining down the stairs is way too dim.

Also, the sunlight striking the stairs should add quite a bit of radiosity to
the surrounding area; the entire stairwell area should be lit up on secondary
reflected light.  In lieu of radiosity, you could add some shadowless light
sources with fade_power 2 above the risers.