POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crypt updated : Crypt updated Server Time
27 Sep 2024 01:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Crypt updated
From: Chris R
Date: 15 Aug 2024 09:25:00
Message: <web.66be0152bbaaf464549645b25cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
I made a number of updates to the scene to make it a bit more interesting:
   - The crown is more distinct now
   - The marble for the altar is more sophisticated
   - There is a cloth hanging over the center of the altar
   - Added an incense censer and the monstrance on the altar
   - Added a depression in the hallway floor and allowed water to seep into it

I still haven't made any attempts to insert radiosity in the scene.  I have
found it can be very picky to get rid of the blotchiness when you have large
rough surfaces and a lot of smaller light sources, so I'm not sure how much time
I want so spend on that.

The scene is configured so I can animate the sun position casting light down the
stairs.  If my cluster of servers is free, I may do an animation at 15 or less
minute intervals to see the views that creates.  I have additional views moving
down the hallway closer to the stairs that I can generate as well.

-- Chris R

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scene-v1.1-hd-hq-q1-2024-08-14.png' (3027 KB)

Preview of image 'scene-v1.1-hd-hq-q1-2024-08-14.png'
scene-v1.1-hd-hq-q1-2024-08-14.png